Mindfulness Meditation Foundations
With Gabriel Genest
– 8 Wednesdays, from 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm
January 18th to March 8st (with a break on February 15th)
March 15th to May 3rd
– 7 Wednesdays, from 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm
May 10th to June 21st
This course aims to establish the foundations of mindfulness meditation with the Unified Mindfulness system, a clear, precise and comprehensive approach to meditation. The practice of meditation is defined in this system as the development of three complementary attentional skills: concentration, sensory clarity and equanimity.
The program for this session will present five meditation techniques and how to use them according to the needs, interests, and opportunities that arise in our lives. We will also learn how to practice these techniques in action in our daily lives, how to deal with obstacles that may arise in meditation and how to grow and deepen our practice over time.
Including teachings on techniques and strategies, guided meditations, and periods for discussions about practice, this highly interactive course aims to make the practice of mindfulness meditation accessible to all and to debunk myths that hinder its practice.
Both those who have never practiced meditation and experienced meditators who wish to deepen their practice are welcome!
** Workshop offered in French.
Studio classes : 125 $ tx. included per series (8 classes with a break on February 15th)
Studio classes : 125 $ tx. included per series (7 full classes)
Studio classes : 143 $ tx. included per series (8 full classes)
– Reserve your place in advance.
– Bring your water bottle and mat.
– If you want to rent a yoga mat for the 7 or 8 sessions, bring $14 or $16 in cash to pay for the rental upon arrival at the studio for the first class. This is the equivalent of $2 per session but must be paid for the entire series.